The greatest gift...
A Gift that Makes a Difference!
If you’re here, you’ve definitely already asked yourself: “Why should I consider Egg Donation?” and you have the answer. You know that it’s a deeply personal choice, and that you’re doing something really good. For many aspiring parents, Egg Donation is the last hope they have for a baby. In fact, over 15% of couples in Canada who want children are not capable of conceiving on their own – that’s three of every twenty couples. You could be the answer to their dreams.
The Intended Parents who come to us for our Egg Donation program are extremely loving, compassionate people who desperately want to build a family. These are some of the many kinds of Intended Parents who come to Fertility Match for help:
- Couples who are otherwise healthy and have tried everything to conceive on their own. They have experienced exhaustive testing, countless appointments and some very difficult periods of waiting to hear positive results that never come.
- Homosexual couples who want children, but can only have a biological child through Canadian Surrogacy and Egg Donation.
- Couples where the woman may have gone through premature ovarian failure from a devastating disease like cancer.
- Couples where the woman was born without ovaries
- Single women and men who do not want to give up on their dream of having a child, even if they did not meet a partner in time to have their own biological child.
All of these Intended Parents have one very important thing in common: they want to have a family more than anything. The gift of Egg Donation can turn their dream of having a family into a reality.
We truly appreciate you considering giving this amazing gift to these aspiring families. At Fertility Match, we respect each and every person’s unique concerns, challenges and questions and will help you at every step of your decision of Egg Donation.
We want to ensure the healthiest people possible are donating in our Egg Donation program. Below is a list of criteria that must be met in order to be considered eligible; please note that these are only the most basic criteria, and that further testing will be necessary once you are accepted into the program.
- Canadian Citizen with active provincial health insurance
- 20-32 years of age
- Non-smoker and no recreational drug use
- Willing to undergo a background check
- No tattoos or piercings in the past 6 months
- Have not travelled ZIKA affected areas within the past 2 months
- Overall healthy with regular menstrual cycles
- No significant genetic/hereditary illness
- Must be willing to undergo psychological and medical assessments and provide medical history
- No serious history of psychological issues
- Have a BMI of 28 or below
- Willing to travel to fertility clinic, lawyer and doctor appointments
- Ability to take time away from work, family and other obligations
- Willing to take fertility medications and withstand injections
- Must not have had more than 2 previous egg retrieval cycles
Please contact us directly if you have any questions about Egg Donation. We are here to help guide you through this process, and will answer all of your questions.
Egg Donation Process
- Complete the Fertility Match Contact Form
- You will be contacted by a Fertility Match Egg Donation specialist for an initial assessment either by phone or in person.
- Once your application has been approved your profile will be made available for Intended Parents to review, and we will begin the medical testing process. This process will determine your final eligibility for the program, and provide you with important information about your own reproductive health.
- Once you are chosen by Intended Parents to be their Egg Donor, we follow a process of appointments in partnership with a fertility clinic and work with you to track your related expenses for reimbursement. Our goal is the make this entire journey as easy and seamless as possible for you.